Japanese Craft Book Library

A collection of a few of the books in kittykitty's personal library that she have posted about in the past.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Prince of Knitting

The Crochet Techniques book from the Prince of Knitting
These two cartoon styled technique books are by far the best technique books I have ever seen. Each technique comes with the graph symbol, a sketch of what the stitch looks like, and then 4 how to photos for the stitch.

This one even made me think I could Crochet.

Click through


ISBN: 4415100929

The Knitting Technique book from the Prince of Knitting
These two cartoon styled technique books are by far the best technique books I have ever seen. Each technique comes with the graph symbol, a sketch of what the stitch looks like, and then 4 how to photos for the stitch.

Click through


ISBN: 4529036340

This is the Prince of Knitting's earlier technique book. It was published in 2001 and has really been elaborated on with the two books above that were published in 2004. I purchased the two above prior to ordering this one so maybe I am just disappointed.

Click through


ISBN: 4529034372
Click through

ISBN: 4529032922

MeowGirl knows that I am a little obsessed with the Prince of Knitting. This was my very sweet birthday gift this year. (2005) How cool is this. There is even an article where he appeared with Pa Pa Pa Puffy. (I use to watch Pa Pa Pa Puffy faithfully when it was on and was so sad that they decided to end there popular tv series in Japan. For lucky west coasters they are actually on tour.) It is just amazing seeing all of his work. The 3-D patterns have me staring for hours. The graphs look amazingly detailed you almost feel like you could accomplish the design. Thank you so much MeowGirl. It is a great gift.

Click through


ISBN:4529037207

Mona, found this one Prince of knitting book at her LYS and picked it up for me. The book mainly concentrates on amazing crochet items. Very little actual knitted items, but sweaters that could easily be used as formal wear. That's if you have the next two years to make them. Mona commented on the fact that his books scare her, on this one I can really understand that comment.

Click through


ISBN: 4529035948

Party Knit

Click through

 

No comments:

Post a Comment